Sampling global cuisines near Beverly Hills
Kimpton Hotel Wilshire serves as the perfect home base from which to enjoy the eclectic, fresh flavors of LA's Miracle Mile. The Wilshire team has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to dining in the area, and we love sharing all our greatest hits with guests (even our secret insider finds). Discover some of our local favorites below, and prepare to be wowed:
- Republique: Begin your day with a tasty breakfast or lunch at this café/bakery run by James Beard Award-nominated Chef Margarita Manzke, or enjoy the restaurant's technique-driven California cuisine by Chef Walter Manzke.
- Osteria Mozza: Fresh, imported mozzarella and sensational handmade pastas rule the kitchen at this award-winning restaurant with a buzzing, see-and-be-seen scene.
- Toca Madera: In an exquisite setting, relish elevated, organic Mexican fare with a modern twist (including vegan options), plus craft cocktails to complement your colorful feast.
- Canter's Deli: At this 24-hour eatery—an LA institution since 1931—dive into authentic deli-style meals (from hearty breakfasts and matzo ball soup to Reuben sandwiches and meatloaf dinners). The full bar and cocktail lounge stay open from 10:30 a.m. until 1:40 a.m.
- Jon & Vinny's: At two relaxed LA locations, enjoy all-day, Italian-inspired fare that (naturally) includes pasta and hand-tossed pizzas, topped with ingredients like local burrata, whipped ricotta, smoked ham and Italian sausage.
- Fonuts: Sate your sweet tooth with delicious baked donuts (never fried and gluten-free, thanks to the use of almond flour), with flavors ranging from vanilla latte and churro to blueberry Earl Grey.
- Izaka-Ya by Katsu-ya: This West Hollywood hot spot shows off the work of Chef Katsuya Uechi, a major trendsetter when it comes to Japanese cuisine, as he brings his culinary artistry to delicious sushi, sashimi and other seafood-centric dishes.
- Sugarfish restaurants: Test out award-winning burgers at HiHo, hand rolls made from only the freshest fish, specially harvested seaweed and housemade sauces at Kazunori and handmade pasta (from the restaurant's Bologna kitchen) at Uovo.
- Sidecar Doughnuts: Indulge in the world's freshest doughnuts paired with signature blend coffee. Any flavor you can imagine is available from classics such as old-fashion and crumb to specialty huckleberry and vegan chocolate peppermint.
- Melanie Wine Bar: Try out interesting varietals, fresh seafood such as California tile fish, and classic dishes such as hanger steak & frites at this approachable wine bar located in the West 3rd Street neighborhood.
- Met Her at a Bar: This is your neighborhood café stepped up a notch with authentic Belgian waffles, white truffle toast, and farmer's market fresh delicacies for breakfast and lunch.
- Night+Market: Enjoy authentic Thai with a fusion spin paired with natural wines at this family-owned eatery. Be sure to order the sticky rice and pair your meal with a recommended bottle.
- Employees Only: Feel the vibe with craft cocktails such as the sweet & savory Midnight Manifesto at this Prohibition-style bar in WeHo. The food is a worthy indulgence as well, such as their Double Wagyu burger complete with in-house secret sauce.
- Parks BBQ: You're guaranteed to enjoy your meal at this lively, premium Korean BBQ spot with grill-it-yourself Kobe-style beef. Push your experience of traditional Korean cuisine to new heights with the innovative flavors at this local favorite.